Monday, March 06, 2006

BAGDAD CAFE


Movie of the week (5/25/2004)
BAGDAD CAFE

Not what you think. It's not about the war in Iraq. It's not about Saddam. It's not about WMD's, or terrorists, or AlQueida. It's not even about Iraq. It's not even about Bagdad. I don't know why it's called Bagdad Cafe. I don't even remember if it's the name of the cafe in the story. I don't care - it doesn't matter. Enough with all the tacit implied questions.

It's funny and smart and moving, and filled with characters you don't normally see in movies. I have yet to find anybody, who has seen this, that hasn't liked it.

I'm not going to tell you what it's about. You should rent and watch it without any preconceptions. But if you absolutely must get a more in-depth review, the link below will take you to Roger Ebert's review of the movie. More info can be had at the Internet Movie Database link above (on the movie title).

Roger Ebert's review of Bagdad Cafe

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home