Monday, June 05, 2006

DELICATESSEN


Movie of the week:
DELICATESSEN

This is quickly racing up the charts of my favorite movies. I'm not quite sure how to describe it. That is, I don't think there's a category that it would easily fit into. Is it me, or am I just drawn to movies that are hard to describe? I will tell you this: a stranger, more eclectic group of characters, you will not find in any other film. I think the movie, BRAZIL, might come close, as does THE TRIPLETS OF BELLEVILLE. ....... and anything else it may or may not be, it definitely is a comedy, sorta.

There is something amazing to see in almost every frame. I don't think you're meant to take it all in at once. Instead it blends together to create a surreal atmosphere. There is not a boring moment in the entire film. So, in the interest of using bullet items whenever possible, here are the top 10 reasons why you should rent and watch DELICATESSEN.

  1. It's damn funny.
  2. It was made by the same team that brought you such fine films as AMELIE and CITY OF LOST CHILDREN. Look for them soon in this blog.
  3. Evokes a different world to get lost in.
  4. Unforgettable characters.
  5. A feast for the eyes.
  6. Impress your friends and co-workers with your eclectic movie choice.
  7. They just don't make 'em like this (well, except for these guys).
  8. I can't think of a #8.
  9. It certainly beats summer theater fare and most certainly, television.
  10. You can watch it at home and pause it whenever you have to get up to go to the bathroom or to get something to eat. The popcorn is cheaper, and if people are talking through the movie, you can turn up the sound.
Warning #1: Not for young children. There are references to people being eaten. Then again, so does "Hansel & Grettel". You decide.

Warning #2: It is in French with English subtitles. I suppose I should have called this the "Foreign movie of the week", but then again, I shouldn't have to. It's my blog, and I can do what I want.

Enjoy.

2 Comments:

At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 
At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home