Monday, March 13, 2006

TWIN FALLS IDAHO

Welcome to my new film blog. Most of you were probably directed here from my email recommendations. Those of you who wandered here my other means - welcome to FranksFilms. Frank's video recommendation of the week.

This is NOT a movie review site. I won't tell you if a movie is good or bad. If I think a movie is bad - I just won't recommend it. These are movies that I liked and I'll tell you why I liked them. There are no guarantees that anyone else in the entire planet will like the film. That's up to you to discover on your own.

If you're not already on my email list, and would like to be, just post a comment to that effect, or email me direct at fheirtzler@verizon.net . I'll notify you approximately once a week when the new movie has been posted.




This week's movie:
TWIN FALLS IDAHO

It's a love triangle!

Real life brothers (and filmmakers) , Mark and Michael Polish, play real life brothers who suddenly fall in with a young prostitute, Penny. I know your imagination is probably taking you in a bizzare direction right now, but it's not that sort of film. I won't tell you any more about the plot. You could look up the whole plot synopsis if you want to, although I would recommend going in knowing as little as possible. (It's R rating is for language - not for "adult situations").

I really like the atmosphere of this movie. I'm not sure how to explain this. The sibling bonding, I think, is dealt with in a very realistic way. The brothers are withdrawn at first, and so you only get to know them gradually.

The few people that I know who have seen this film, have all loved it.

Maybe you will too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home