Monday, March 20, 2006

NINE LIVES


This week's movie:
NINE LIVES

I'm not going to get this right. If I tell you too much about this movie, you're going to get the wrong impression and probably won't want to see it. But, if I don't say anything, why would you want to watch a movie you've never heard of - just on my say so? I guess I'll just have to take that chance.

This movie consists of nine scenes from nine stories about nine different women. Each scene, shown in a single unbroken shot, shows a slice from that woman's life. You don't get to know what came before (although you can guess for the most part), and you don't get to know what comes after (ditto). I, at first, felt a little let down because I wanted more - but that's the whole idea. You fill in the rest.

I found myself thinking a lot about these women since I saw the film, wondering what became of them, running through all the little scenarios through my head. Even though this is only one film, you remember nine of them.

2 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger FranksFilms said...

LOVE ACTUALLY had a common theme. It was about love and relationships over the Christmas holidays. The scenes in NINE LIVES are, on the surface, unrelated, although, if you think about it, you can probably find commonality.

Also, there are a few common characters in two or more scenes, they really don't carry from one to another.

NINE LIVES is not a comedy, unless you've a really twisted sense of humor - then it's hysterical!

I think you'll like it.

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home